Pelatihan Bahasa Inggris untuk Anak Usia Dini dengan Fun English
English Training for Children using Fun English
Keywords:English training, children, Fun English, Covid-19 pandemic
The people of Nologaten RT 10 RW 04 needed help, especially regarding English. This is due to parents' lack of knowledge and education levels, so they could only guide their children with minimal access to effective learning materials for learners at an early age. Learning English from an early age is necessary so that in its later development, learners will easily master English. English Letters Department of Universitas Sanata Dharma designed a community service activity, i.e., English Training for Children at Nologaten RT 10 RW 04. The series of community service activities began in February 2022 to recruit volunteers. Then the program's implementation started in July 2022 and ended in August 2022; this community service activity is expected to further strengthen the image of Universitas Sanata Dharma as a university that is concerned with the interests of the community in general and will further enhance the 3C spirit (competence, conscience, compassion) among lecturers and student volunteers, as well as to make English Letters Department of Universitas Sanata Dharma give positive impact to society. The post-test results yield increasing scores of 28% compared to the previous pre-test in all three evaluation domains (cognitive, affective, and psychomotor). They are also interested in listening to others while speaking, showing good cooperation with other group members, starting a simple English conversation, and asking questions in correct grammar.
Alfiana, A. S., Litasari, K. N., Rahmawati, F., & Rahmah, A. Z. (2011). Paket Belajar bahasa Inggris Berbasis Outbond Our Green Class bagi Anak Usia Sekolah Dasar di Desa Sumowono Kabupaten Semarang. Laporan kegiatan PKM tidak dipublikasikan. Semarang: Universitas Negeri Semarang.
Anderson, L. W., & Krathwohl, D. R. (2001). A Taxonomy for Learning, Teaching, and Assessing: A Revision of Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectives. New York: Longman.
Aunurrahman. (2019). Belajar dan Pembelajaran. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Bloom, B. S. (1956). Taxonomy of Educational Objectives: The Classification of Educational Goals. London: Longmans.
Haryadi, T. & Aripin. (2015). Melatih Kecerdasan Kognitif, Afektif, dan Psikomotorik Anak Sekolah Dasar Melalui Perancangan Game Simulasi "Warungku". Andharupa: Jurnal Desain Komunikasi Visual & Multimedia, 1(2), 39-50. https://doi.org/10.33633/andharupa.v1i02.963
Hastuti, N. & Roviati, E. (2020). Pendampingan Belajar Pengenalan Bahasa Inggris Menyenangkan Dari Rumah Di Masa Pandemi COVID 19. Al-Khidmat : Jurnal Ilmiah Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat, 3(2), 1-9. https://doi.org/10.15575/jak.v3i2.9303
Indy, R., Waani, F. J., & Kandowangko, N. (2019). Peran Pendidikan Dalam Proses Perubahan Sosial di Desa Tumaluntung Kecamatan Kauditan Kabupaten Minahasa Utara. HOLISTIK, 12(4), 1-18.
Krathwohl, D. R., Bloom, B. S., & Masia, B. B. (1964). Taxonomy of Educational Objectives, the Classification of Educational Goals. Handbook II: Affective Domain. New York: David McKay Co.
Nafiati, D. A. (2021). Revisi Taksonomi Bloom: Kognitif, Afektif, dan Psikomotorik. Humanika: Kajian Ilmiah Mata Kuliah Umum, 21(2), 151-172. https://doi.org/10.21831/hum.v21i2.29252
Santoso, I. (2014). Pembelajaran Bahasa Asing di Indonesia: Antara Globalisasi dan Hegemoni. Jurnal Pendidikan Bahasa dan Sastra, 14(1), 1-11. https://doi.org/10.17509/bs_jpbsp.v14i1.696
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Almira Ghassani Shabrina Romala, Wedhowerti Wedhowerti, Harris Hermansyah Setiajid, Simon Arsa Manggala, Epata Puji Astuti, Catharina Brameswari, Diksita Galuh Nirwinastu
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Any article on the copyright is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share work with acknowledgment of the work authors and initial publications in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into a separate, additional contractual arrangements for non-exclusive distribution of published articles of work (eg, post-institutional repository) or publish it in a book, with acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their websites) prior to and during the submission process, as can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License