Perbandingan Keberhasilan Terapi Antivirus Favipiravir dan Remdesivir pada Pasien Covid-19 di RSUD dr. Doris Sylvanus
Comparison the Success of Favipiravir and Remdesivir Antivirus Therapy of Covid-19 Patiens in RSUD Dr. Doris Sylvanus
All drugs used for COVID-19 therapy are circulated under a particular scheme, namely the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the Food and Drug Administration. Considering that this COVID-19 is a new case, the high mortality rate, and the lack of research related to COVID-19 drug therapy in Central Kalimantan, a study was conducted to compare the success of COVID-19 treatment in severe patients using remdesivir and favipiravir antivirals with clinical evidence parameters. Number Needed To Treat (NNT) at the COVID-19 referral service at RSUD dr. According to inclusion, Doris Sylvanus in 140 study subjects was divided into 70 topics, each using favipiravir and remdesivir. The results of the study in the remdesivir group showed that 36 (51.43%) subjects recovered and 34 (48.57%) died, while in the favipiravir group, 48 (68.67%) recovered and 22 (31.43%) died. Calculation of the NNT parameter values for remdesivir was obtained with six results, indicating that it takes six COVID-19 patients to be treated with remdesivir to produce therapeutic success, at least one patient recovers. The ideal NNT value is number 1; the smaller the NNT value is close to 1, the more effective it is to produce the expected recovery or positive impact. On the other hand, the higher the NNT value, the lower the effectiveness.
2. Satuan Tugas COVID-19 Kalimantan Tengah. Perkembangan COVID-19 Kalimantan Tengah – 24 September 2021 pukul 16.00 WIB. Tersedia dari http://corona.kalteng.go.id/
3. Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) – Situasi Terkini. 2021. Tersedia di https://infeksiemerging.kemkes.go.id/
4. Wang Yemin. (2020). Remdesivir in adult with severe COVID-19: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter trial. Pubmed.
5. Damayanti H, I. G. (2021). The Effectiveness and safety Of Favipiravir in COVID-19 Hospitalized Patients at Tertiary Referral Hospital Bali Indonesia. FKM UI.
6. Keputusan Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia Nomor Hk.01.07/Menkes/5671/2021 tentang Manajemen Klinis Tata Laksana Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) di Fasilitas Pelayanan Kesehatan
7. European Medicine Agency. First COVID-19 treatment recommended for Eemergency Use Authorization. Press release June 25, 2020
8. United States Food and Drug Administration, FDA First Approves First Treatment for COVID-19. FDA News Release Oct 22, 2020.
Copyright (c) 2022 Rhatna Dewi Riptasari, Abdul Rahem, Anita Purnamayanti
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
All rights reserved. This publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording.