Pharmacological therapy in fever patients is to provide Antipyretic drugs, can be done by using a doctor's prescription or by self-treatment. The condition that occurs in the community is self-medication conducted in the category of irrational treatment therapy because it is not in accordance with the condition of the patient. So, it is necessary to do education using Active Mother’s Ways of Learning Method to the housewives about rational fever self-treatment. The sample in this study were 40 housewives in the Flamboyant Bawah, divided into two major groups namely the control and treatment groups. Each group was given a pretest and posttest in a questionnaire of fever management. In the treatment group, fever drug education given before posttest by used CBIA method. The results showed an increase in knowledge of housewives from before education and after education was seen from the acquisition of grades. The mean pretest value in the control group was 74.38 and the treatment group was 69.69. Statistical test results show there was no significant difference in the mean value between the control group and the treatment group. The mean posttest value in the control group was 77.81 and the treatment group was 87.50. There was a significant difference between the mean value of the control group and treatment group. From the results of the statistical analysis showed that the level of knowledge of the treatment group given education by used the CBIA method produced a higher value than the control group that was not given education.
Full text article
Kartajaya, H., 2011, Self Medication. Jakarta Selatan: PT MarkPlus Indonesia.
Kristina, S.A., Prabandari, Y.S., Sudjaswadi, R., 2008. Perilaku pengobatan sendiri yang Rasional pada masyarakat Kecamatan Depok dan Cangkringan Kabupaten Sleman. Majalah Farmasi Indonesia. 19(1):32-40.
Maulana, H. D. J. 2009. Promosi Kesehatan. Jakarta: EGC.
Suryawati, S., 2003. CBIA: Improving The Quality Of Self-Medication Through Mothers Active Learning. Essential Drugs Monitor. 032:22-23.
Suryawati Sri. 2012. Meningkatkan Keterampilan Memilih Obat Dengan Metode CBIA, Pusat Studi Farmakologi Klinik dan Kebijakan Obat UGM. Yogyakarta
Supardi, S., Aais, S., Sukasediati, N. 1999. Pola Penggunaan Obat Dan Obat Tradisional Dalam Upaya Pengobatan Sendiri Di Pedesaan. Cermin Dunia Kedokteran, 125:5-8.
WHO, 1998, The Role of The Pharmacist in Self-Care and Self-Medication. The Hague, The Netherlands
Zoraida, A. R. 2012. Peningkatan Ketrampilan Mencari Informasi Pada Kemasan dan Lembar Sisipan Obat bebas dan Bebas Terbatas dengan Metode Cara Belajar Ibu Aktif (CBIA). Yogyakarta: Fakultas Farmasi Universitas Gadjah Mada.
Copyright (c) 2018 Rezqi Handayani
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors continue to retain the copyright to the article if the article is published in the Borneo Journal of Pharmacy. They will also retain the publishing rights to the article without any restrictions.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Any article on the copyright is retained by the author(s).
- The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share work with an acknowledgment of the work authors and initial publications in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of published articles of work (eg, post-institutional repository) or publish it in a book, with acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their websites) prior to and during the submission process, as can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material are distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.